Friday 21 March 2014

After-hours appointments on Wednesdays and their refundable booking fees

Just a wee note to explain all about how our appointment system works for late nights.
We open Tues - Sat during the day with late nights on Wednesdays (normally until about 8pm or 8.30pm) and for any appointments booked in for a Wednesday evening after 5pm, we take a £25 booking fee.

This fee is refunded
a) when the bride arrives for her appointment, or
b) if she has to cancel and gives us prior notice.  (Normally 24 hrs, but if she contacts us first thing in the morning when we open we will go ahead and refund)



I implemented this three years ago after a string of no-shows (three on one particular night!!)  It's a problem we have every week during the daytime, but it's even more frustrating when you have given up your evening with your family to stay on late at work and don't get any notice that a bride will not be attending her appointment.  It does work.  In the 3 years we have been doing this, I've had one no-show who lost her £25.  I've also let two slip the net who gave me excuses why they couldn't pay, and both let me down which is why I am very strict about taking the booking fee.  No fee, no evening appointment!!  I hope this explains why we do it.  Most people are very understanding and are happy to pay.  We do get the odd protest about it, but I hope anyone reading this will see why I brought this system in.

If you are booking a late night, you'll have to ring the shop on 02871 813682 so that we can get your credit or debit card details (we don't like people sending details by email!!) .  Alternatively , you can pay by paypal at beautifuldaybrides@hotmail.com (you'll need to request an invoice from us via email), or you can call in in person to the shop.

Let me know if you have any questions!!


No comments:

Post a Comment